9.21.2015

Sept. 2015

I have been wanting to write an update for so long. I’m finally on the computer and it’s turning out to be now or never. 😊

So Brad just got his review at work. He is getting slighted by one side of his management, and highly praised by the other side. He was ranked “meets expectations.” Apparently they have super high expectations! He was disappointed with the results, but when he shared those results with the people he actually works for/with they all showered him with praises and assured him he will be out of that department by June 2016. He will be replacing the program manager. The current manager has talked to all the necessary people to make sure that actually happens. There is always political garbage that could change that, but let’s hope not.

I am neck deep in fixing our boys’ room. I’m almost done painting the walls after having stripped and re-textured them. Booger free! Harper and I are also building nesting beds. All four boys will shortly be able to sleep in that room with room to walk. I am hoping that they turn out like I imagine.

I put my children in a charter school this year. It is a classical academy affiliated with Hillsdale College. I am excited about their progress so far this year, and I am very happy with the general changes from our older school. The only down side so far is that this is the first year that the school is open so the music teacher has FAR fewer instruments and supplies than their old school. So if you feel like clipping box tops, labels for education, coke rewards, or any other school money program you can think of I would LOVE to receive them. I wish I could promise to come pick them up from you personally… maybe after we finally put our roof on our back porch.

Anyway…

Eden started dance again which is something that she really loves to do. She practices in her room when she is supposed to be sleeping. Her birthday was fun this month. She invited lots of girls for her party that she planned. Ten showed up I believe. They painted, stuffed their faces with skittles, swam, and did some other things that produced mega laughter and giggles. She loves her gifts. Thank you!

Harper has been diligently working on the beds with me. Saturday he disassembled, sanded, cleaned, and primed Jett’s bed. I think we can expect to pain that one tomorrow. His handwriting has improved at school because he now has a teacher who will ask him to redo his work that is not his best. LOVE it! Well, I love it. He complains about her high expectations while he is rising to meet them.

Frank has made great strides in reading. It finally clicked for him. A few days ago I was telling a friend that my children are learning Spanish and some Latin in school. Frank interrupted and said, “Latin? I know Latin. Hemis is Latin for half. Like hemisphere.” Then a week later he came home telling me about how, “Mesopotamia is from Latin meaning “between two rivers” and there is the Tigris on one side, the Euphrates on the other side, and Mesopotamia is right in the middle.” AND we were working on some vocabulary words last week from a fable they were studying. At the dinner table when it was his turn to share his favorite part of the day he said, “Well it wasn’t my homework. That was terrifying.” He is a SPONGE! He is also patient beyond belief with Gideon. Gideon only does what Frank does. When we ask him to choose something – it could be anything from dinner options to his favorite color – his response is, “What is Frankie going to have?”

Gideon is home this year and when he is the oldest he really rises to the occasion. He plays so well with Jett. He also enjoys going to his friend’s home where he is allowed to ride through the neighborhood to a community garden to “hunt” for foxes. They usually take goulashes and a back pack full of snacks. Who wouldn’t love that?


Jett talks all the time. He is finding it hard to wait for my conversation (or my prayer, or my anything) to be over before he rambles on. We are working on that… He is hilarious in the meantime and loves to sing. We showed him this a Capella version of a song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln41c-7uQ64) and he sang along with the chorus. Over and over and over again.

Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment